Currently, I have sixteen favorite books and counting. Sixteen books out of the two hundred and fourty two I have read. Why is this? I have no idea. There were some books I thought were going to be favorite. But reality sets in and expectations of a good book disappears. Let us begin this discussion of my favorite books.
There is no order of which I like best. All of them have their unique reason why.
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare: The main reason why is the story I believe is inspired by the Salem witch trials. This period of time is one my favorite times to read.
- The Door by Lorilyn Roberts: This story is amazing. A crossover of Alice in Wonderland and the time when Jesus was on earth. Great idea ever.
- Persuasion by Jane Austen: People ask why this book. Why not Pride and Prejudice? Or Emma? The fact she is able to get a second chance at love. Come on. You don’t meet a girl like that every dynasty. (Referring to Mulan, Disney lovers) Yes, she didn’t marry him at first when he was poor. But she does, when he is rich. What a second, could Wuthering Heights be a new favorite? Must read it.
- The Odyssey by Homer I read this in high school and this opened by reading range to the max. I read Percy Jackson series because of this book and the class took of it. The Greeks, oh how I love the Greeks. Boo Romans.
- St. Bartholomew’s Eve: A Tale of the Huguenot Wars by G.A Henty: I actually enjoy reading the history of the Huguenots’ persecution.
- Kristen’s War by Peter Wisan. A retelling of Pilgrim’s Progress with a twist of the Marines.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling. I would love to tell why but that would be spoilers.
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- The Voyage of Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Bleak House by Charles Dickens
- The Black Cauldron by Lloyd Alexander. I mainly read this because of the Disney Adaptation of it.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Two Towers by J. R. R. Tolkien
What are you guys’ favorite? Comment below.